creative thinking | evidence based | outcomes focused
Evidence based Consultancy & Training for the...
Specialist consultants & training
for evidence based approaches to wellbeing
Care consultants | management consultants.
Activities, lifestyle & culture consultants.
Master-planning & interior design consultants.
"A Refreshed Approach to Management, Services and Design Consultancy
creating evidence based service provision, care models and transformative approaches to environmental design. We aim to improve life at work, leisure, in care and everyday in the community for the social care industry, nursing, elders and dementia, individuals, families, communities, customers, employees and organisation owners."
Awards, Speaking Engagements, Publications, Events + Clients
● National Market Towns Award Winning Project
● Exceptional Contribution to Dementia Care Award Winners 2018
● Best Specialist Dementia Care Architects 2019
● Speakers at Future of Care Conference, Leeds
● Headline Speakers at Johannesburg Retirement Village Managers Summit
● Estate Living, Online Magazine South Africa, interview and full length article
● Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travelling Fellowship
● Two time mainstage Speakers at UK National Dementia Congress
● Speakers at Tech Severn Conference
● Speakers at Housing LIN West Midlands Annual Conference
● Speakers at Dementia Care & Nursing Homes Expo
● Speakers at NAIDEX
● Speakers at Future of Care Conference, Leeds
● The Journal of Dementia Care (UK) front cover + full length article.
● Publication : The Architecture of Care
● Red & Yellow - Care Campus master planning
● Friends of The Elderly - 24 Bed Specialist Dementia Care Extension
● Heritage Manor - master planning for mixed use ‘Care Village’
● Heritage Manor - 62 Beds Specialist Dementia Care & Nursing Community
● Heritage Manor - Extension and partial Redevelopment of existing Nursing Home
● Macc Care - concept design & specialist consultancy for 60 Bed ‘Flag Ship’ Nursing Home
● Mill House - 10 Bed Extension to existing Nursing Home + redevelopment
● Oak Lodge Nursing Home, Ireland - concept design & specialist consultancy for 42 Bed Dementia Care
Community, to be expandable across a Care Campus.
● Atlas Respite & Therapy - Specialist Dementia Hub and Activity Centre
● Good Brain Gang 6 month pilot - Specialist Activity Centre for Dementia, full consultancy and design.
● Surrey NHS & University Round Table for the ‘Healthy Ageing Grand Challenge’
● University of Worcester Association of Dementia Studies Expert Working Group for ‘Dementia Carers
Count’ concept development.
● Eminence Care - 45 Bed Residential and Nursing Care for Dementia, design & consultancy
● Araba Care Services - specialist design & support model consultancy
● Ralph Court Gardens - Autism Specialist Activity Centre, Rehabilitation and Clinic with Nursing Accommodation
● Private Client, China - Consultancy
● Private Client, USA - Consultancy
● Private Client USA - Dementia Campus, concept design & consultancy
● Family Care Trust - 18 Bed residential and respite care for dementia integrated with ‘care farm’, concept
design and consultancy.
● Golden Nest - 15 Beds Dementia Specialist extension plus Activity Centre
● Northgate Health Care - Riverside 65 bed Specialist Residential, Nursing and Bariatric care - master
planning + consultancy + concept design.
Specialists in the practical application of evidence,
from wide ranging sources, to
environmental design and
We support vulnerable individuals and communities to optimise wellbeing for themselves and any support teams.
We implement proven care, activity and environmental design models to save social care, clinical and private costs in both the short and long term, while generating hugely beneficial outcomes;
including improved mood and increased productivity of the support team and people supported, hugely reducing staff turnover.
Our approach optimally future proofs your buildings and enhances sustainability / profitability.
We work with people and organisations in relation to dementia, autism, rehabilitation / transitional care, old age related conditions, loneliness, depression, nursing care, retirement, forensic, education to positively impact healthy ageing and optimal quality of life at every age across the breadth of a given community.
There are two main wings to our Evidence based Consultancy and Training services:
Service, Active Lifestyle & Care Model.
We work with Teams, Management & Leadership
Design Model, Master Planning & Interior Design.
We work with Leadership, Architects, Designers, Managers
We work with clients as specialist Wellbeing Consultants in design of the psycho-social and built environments.
Our flexible, evidence based frameworks and strategies rapidly increase wellbeing outcomes, accessibility, efficiency, productivity and enhanced lived experience.
We transform every day life, care and support into an exciting, appealing and aspirational experience for staff, residents and all people using the service in the wider community.
We focus on an active, creative, inclusive model at every stage of service and environment development, that goes to the roots of human sensory and psycho-social need.
Our award winning evidence based system, uniquely integrates care, support and environmental design models. We call these respectively:
Chi™ Our system for consulting, training and developing staff team and Leadership behaviours and skill-sets. We focus minds on an evidence based approach that empowers delivery of the best possible day to day stuctures for wellbeing, active community culture and related acceleration of clinical health outcomes.
This includes models of management, values based recruitment & development, optimal modeling of day to day programmes, staff tasks and related behaviours to ensure flow, maximise positive affective states, optimse contact with know wellbeing assets.
AriaDiCasa™ Our flexible design model for the built environment that like Chi™, takes into account evidence bases for enhancing and easing daily life experience for community members, service users and your team. Our design model positively transforms efficiency, accessibility, confidence, identity development, person-hood and provides the optimal physical framework for the basis of a vibrant, inclusive and active community culture.
We can work with management and leadership, or design teams and architects to assist, consult and train you in the application of evidence to master planning and interior design in order to deliver the optimal environmental confidence, accessibility, inclusivity and wellbeign outcomes to the buildings teams and users. We show you how to deploy evidence from anthropology, neuro-psychology, positive psychology, research into the senses, what are wellbeing assets and how can we ensure they are as present as possible at all times.
Our integrated model makes everyday life uplifting, active and enriching, minimising stressors and maximising the proven causes of wellbeing. We deliver environmental and social mastery at every possible opportunity. This does not cost more, it simply requires Teams, Leaders and Designers to be empowered with the clear evidence based model, routines and interactions that our frameworks provide.
The built environment is transformed to be fully supportive of all wellbeing assets; Enriching every individuals' active life experience and the total community experience. Truly inclusive, choice focused, supportive of stress free navigation, the new building typology is a wholly integrated generator of the best of wellness, positivity and affective journeying in everyday life.
You can make it your own!
Our twin approach to positively revolutionising wellbeing, care and support.
We want to put it in your hands. Whatever your sector:
Be it care, nursing, mental health, retirement, dementia, autism, social housing, social care and support, forensic, education or other.
- Improving efficiency outcomes through transforming built environment models, team behaviors and leadership
- Empowering owners, managers and staff teams - evidence based models mean knowing what makes a difference and how.
- Increasing staff retention - shared goals, strong team working and a rational evidence based approach to daily life and routines, create a positive culture of shared known goals, with a choice of routes to delivery. The team feel their skill, and know that they are special and effective, with strong shared values - the key proven drivers of staff retention.
- Inspiring volunteers, family and community: an inclusive culture and deeply positive brand identity that centres on an enriching active approach to daily life designed to be enjoyable and of benefit as widely as possible - fully inclusive and appealing to the wider community; while remaining fully accessible to the desired group/s being supported. Be the heart of inclusive living in your community.
We work with:
Organisations, Our partners are those who wish to achieve enhanced wellbeing outcomes for their staff and customers, alongside the proven clinical and productivity benefits this brings. They have a keen interest in future proofing their business while delivering positively transformative, inspirational, active and creative services.
Efficient and effective services that express an inclusive, positive and fun, attractive image to the world. Our model acts as a catalyst for enhancing and refreshing an organisation's services and their outcomes, boosting the daily experiences of their team and customers.
Industries we work with... (click here)
- Dementia services
- Nursing and other care home organisations
- Mental Health Services
- Providers of accessible and supported living or retirement homes and communities
- Social Care Providers
- Social Housing & Property
- Hospital, Healthcare, Rehabilitation & Step-Down Care.
- Autism Services or other individual, family and community needs.
- Charity & Voluntary Sectors
- Educational Sectors
- Private Businesses, Universities and educational institutions with an interest in the impact of built environment, team and leadership on wellbeing and related health / efficiency outcomes for themselves, their students / customers and their employees.
- Design & Architect firms looking to become specialist dementia architects or gain an increased understanding of design for wellbeing / accessibility or care design / need specialist evidence based input on a particular project.
- Forensic, prisons and rehabilitation services looking to apply evidence based approaches for enhancing wellbeing and positive sense of identity to service model and design of the built environment.
Chi™: Team + Leadership, Service + Care Model Consultancy
- Consultant and Advisor Role:
For Organisation Leads - with flexible 'as needed' service offer.
- Workshops Provision & follow up Advisory Role:
Demonstrating evidence based approaches to leadership and team behaviours, service models and service provision as relevant to your company, to enhance wellbeing, positive lived experience outcomes, efficiency and productivity for you, your staff and your customers.
- Service Model Design & Development + follow up Advisory Role:
Bespoke for your needs, with option for full support during implementation and staff + team leads preparation.
- Review of Existing Services / Support Model:
Report with recommendations for positive change, plus optional support for implementation of changes.
- Wellbeing related Consultancy and Advisory Role to Leadership:
If you need some additional expert input, and assistance with strategic thinking. For organisations in any sector where changing systems to place wellbeing, related health and staff retention foremost is a key issue.
AriaDiCasa™: Built Environment Consultancy:
- Specialist Consultants for Master Planning & Concept Design
or other phases of a construction project as required.
- Specialist Consultants for interior layout, Interior Design & redevelopment
including advice and appraisals on fit out and decoration.
- Review of Existing Buildings
and Strategic Concept Design for re-development.
- Workshops and Consultancy for Company Leads, Project Leads, Buildings Managers, Architects & Design Firms:
Hugely advance your understanding of evidence based approaches to design for wellbeing, accessibility and inclusivity. We will guide you to understand, from an evidence based perspective, how design impacts mood, positive decision making, cognitive stress, wellbeing, confidence, identity formation, sense of safety, and the building's users daily lived experience.
You will achieve thorough understanding of the complete model and evidence based framework specific to your needs and client group. From there, you can make it your own, relevant to your clients and design preferences. Evidence based approaches are not about control, they ensure full awareness of the impact of design - they set you and your team free.
Further info about our work + Articles & News:
A vision for the the future, a manifesto for change
We believe that care, support, learning and togetherness will become the uplifting heart of community life.
We believe that the investment into social care and health has immense potential to enrich communities far more widely and powerfully than the current focus only on clinical need.
We believe in an inclusive model of health and social care that creates opportunity and models healthy, active lifestyles, creating a fail-safe fall-back for people struggling in the community that rather than stigmatising, creates new roles with people however small or large - re-engaging them with a meaningful way of life that is both sustainable and worthy of recognition.
Such an approach means that the wider community is able to access and benefit from shared resources collaboratively with the support community, the two being seamlessly integrated via the shared need of human beings to access the causes of wellbeing and understand how to reduce abstract and real stressors. In this way support services are entirely de-stigmatised, as they are delivered via a system, building, and teams who appeal to everyone. The brand, buildings typology and experience of care and support will be entirely re-formed to palpably BE the change itself.
A focus on choice, passive safety, meaningful, active, enriching everyday living that supports person-hood and lifts the spirit is key. Via a system that reduces known stressors both environmentally and socially through design of built environment, care model and services that is founded on a wide reaching evidence base. Such evidence we are compiling from fields of positive psychology, cognitive bias, body schema & peri-personal space, anthropology, neuroscience, successes and failures in live projects, and research studies into wide ranging related areas such as arts, activities, buildings, mental health and related pathologies etc and their effect on or relationship with wellbeing, clinical outcomes and staff team experience and so forth.
It is possible to jump tracks, onto a new way of doing care and support that is empowering, enriching, fun, engaging and relevant to all - tied by the basic truths that are the increasingly well researched causes of wellbeing , positive identity development and self-hood (and the proven positive clinical, productive, economic and social benefits that result).
The new approach is sustainable, inclusive non-judgmental and positive. It ties together the keys of a thriving community, creating safe social space, sharing space, learning space, and creative space for young and old. The model can revitalise approaches to library buildings, public house and other dwindling community spaces at a fraction of the cost or risk, while creating the best possible social care future for our communities, their health, happiness, wealth and productivity